02 January 2020

Crackle - how I made it ?

I'd like to share with you how I made the crackle on the clay embellishment.


Honestly, I made it by accident. Yes, by accident.
I bought my first mould and I couldn't wait to do something with it. 
So I went to the HoobyCraft shop and bought the cheapest clay. It was heavy and hard to work with.
I didn't realize then that this kind of clay is not right.


 At first, it looked good (above) but the next day it looked like on the picture below.
The clay around the foam ball was cracked.
I wanted to throw it away but finally, I decided to finish my first ball.




On the top, I made a white crackle using Crackle Medium from Americana Decor.
It is not a perfect ball but it looks like a very old decor.
The silver effect I got using Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique wax, Old Silver.





Thank you for stopping by.
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment